Saturday, July 25, 2015

A Tug at Sister Bay

A Tug at Sister Bay
Oil on wood, 12x9
sold

The night before the quick paint, I was dreamed of painting boats.  Two in particular, I had seen on Wednesday, a bright yellow speed boat in front of a tall, elegant blue and white sailboat.  As I approached, another vision leapt out at me - a fabulous tug boat in my favorite color - red!  I set my easel down on the spot, without even scouting the quick paint area!  I always try to have my panel in the shade when I paint, but it was simply not possible in this situation.  I set up on the dock near the edge, sun on my panel and back and wind blowing from the side.  The gracious owners of this beauty came out and visited throughout, even bringing me iced lemon water for refreshment!  What a fabulous day I had - and this painting is going home in this tug!  Painting number 937 in 937 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment