Sunday, July 26, 2015

Evening at Reibolt's Creek

Evening at Reibolt's Creek
Oil on wood, 9x12
purchase here
After the morning spent at Cavepoint Park, afternoon at Sister Bay, we searched out Moonlight Bay for a quick paint at sunset.  I have painted it each year I've gone to Door County, but on the other side of the Moonlight Bay is this amazing creek!  I have never noticed it before, possibly because the water is higher this year than I've ever seen it.  With only 50 minutes to paint, Teddy and I set up our easels in the narrow shoulder of the road, but withe the first car speeding right by us - we rethought that decision! So, we moved right down into the ditch, where gravel covered a large culver.  About 30 minutes into the fast slapping down of paint, I felt something on my leg, and looked down to find a giant, hairy black spider carrying an egg sack up my leg!  Yikes!  With a little scream, I shook her off and flicked her away with a stick!  I do NOT want an egg sack of baby spiders opening up in my capris!!  Just another plein air adventure - what will tomorrow bring?  Painting number 938 in 938 days.

1 comment:

  1. That little creek caught my eye last year but the evening light is when it shines. Lovely capture of the end of a long day!

    ReplyDelete