Friday, August 28, 2015

Clouds Over the Marshland

Clouds Over the Marshland
Oil on canvas panel, 7x5 - purchase here

Another full day, all company has left, and bedtime has come and gone - I can return to my easel for my daily art fix.  Tonight, I am really in the mood for clouds - dark and full of drama.  The skies have offered up much inspiration these last days, and now I am committing them to canvas.  Only using two brushes, and my favorite palette knife, I have quickly captured this with broad, loose strokes.  And, this painting has a surprise underneath - one fourth of another landscape which I cut down to reuse the panel!  Waste not, want not - and now I must get my things ready for the paint out tomorrow! This is painting number 970 in 970 days :)

12 comments:

  1. This is lovely! It is very impressive that you can capture such a beautiful landscape so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, I so love seeing the sky, happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. my very favorite subject-water and sky-gorgeous Tammie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my...I LOVE this painting--it just fills my eyes to the brim. There's something so enchanting and magical about it. I can't even put it into words. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!! it is so nice to see you and your beautiful art again. As always Fabulous!
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! A wonderful mood brewing in those clouds!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! A wonderful mood brewing in those clouds!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete