Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Merlot, Please

Merlot, Please
Oil on canvas panel, 7x5
purchase here

There are simply not enough hours in the day.  Try as I may, I never seem to find enough time for everything I want to accomplish in each day!  Today’s agenda is almost unending, but perhaps my best find was Dave at Lowe’s - who expertly cut two sheets (8’ x 4’) of masonite into 8x10’s, 9x12’s and 11x14’s.  As a daily painter - I am in constant need of panels.  I stop in (whenever my schedule allows) to my local hardware store, and just recently Lowe’s.  Twice now, my panels have been expertly cut at Lowe’s - after many, many times of haphazard cutting “elsewhere”.  In fact, the last time I went “elsewhere”, nearly every panel was wrong, and I had to recut them myself, often going to a smaller size because of the short cuts.  How pleasant it is to have perfect panels to start priming tomorrow.  You know, it is the little things that make life so sweet.  Cheers!  This is painting number 968 in 968 days :)

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful painting, and good that you have a trusty supplier. I always marvel at your persistence in keeping up with your painting, happy PPF, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the highlights in this. I too find it amazing you paint as often as you do, but then we all get to enjoy it! Happy PPS

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous! How beautifully you have captured glass and light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So gorgeous, Tammie. Your painting skills are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not easy to get movement in a painting...but goodness I can literally see the wine pouring into the glass. In fact, I think I can smell it too. Finding time to paint can be challenging even for someone retired like myself. Beautiful job. Cheers...pour me a glass. TeeHee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice painting! I need panels, too...thanks for the tip on Lowes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I can't imagine being able to produce such lovely work on a daily basis. It makes you feel as though you could reach right out and take the glass from the invisible hands pouring it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wine looks it is actually flowing into the glass. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete