Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Portage Gold

Portage Gold
Oil on panel, 8x10
sold
Starting a little earlier tonight, I was able to start and finish this painting before dinner. The river is always calling to me...first thing in the morning, when arriving back at the house, or just before sunset.....it calls me down to paint. All kinds of water are alluring to me - lakes, ponds, creeks, and the ocean.  The wonderful golden light on the surface of the river caught my attention this evening, and it is what demanded to be painted.  This whole week, I am using canvas panels that are not first washed with color - which is something that I always do.  The land mass that juts out from the right is the edge of a small island, and local legend has it that an indian once made that their home.  The water forks here, coming back together on the other side.  So many compositions here on this bank, and the music of the river gently rolling by calls me to paint again and again.  Painting number 946 in 946 days.
on location

4 comments:

  1. Outstanding. I want to jump into the picture and sit on the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting is magical, it looks like a place for a fairy gathering. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do capture natures beauty like no one else!! Glad you were featured this week too!!
    Stunning water!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh... it feels so real! It's like you can step right into the painting and sit on the side of the bank and watch the water pass by

    ReplyDelete