Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Summer Sunflowers

Summer Sunflowers
Oil on canvas panel, 10x8
purchase here


On my way home from the paint-in yesterday, I stopped by another shop to see what kind of sunflowers they had.  The ones I had picked up earlier were the traditional ones, and I was looking for some variation.  They had two bunches of these fancy blooms - and I snapped one right up!  What is more glorious than big, bold sunflowers?  Maybe the students in class will even want to paint them on Monday!  With our new back to school schedule (and Mike’s 3:30am wake-up time), I find I am up and ready to paint very early, indeed.  With most of my work done, I was able to finish this painting before my Zumba class at 8:30am.  Its great to feel like I have extra time in the middle of the day!  When was the last time that happened?  Never?  Painting number 961 in 961 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment