Monday, August 24, 2015

Sunflower Sonata

Sunflower Sonata
Oil on panel, 10x8 - purchase here

Some days are WAY beyond busy - and it takes me all day to get to my easel.  Every time I pass the sunflowers on the candle table (that my dad made with my grandfather’s walnut), I felt the need to paint them before they fade!  The fancy ones are not holding up like the more traditional sunflowers I bought on the same day.  Oh, why didn’t I plant my own?  Oh yes - I did, and my giant red lab dug them up - or rolled over them!  I can hardly wait for the day he calms down and behaves like a big boy.  With all natural light gone, I am painting under the incandescent lights, and the dark room beyond fades to prussian.  Using large brushes and palette knife - I drop the last lemon yellow highlights on, and call it done.  This painting makes 966 in 966 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment