Saturday, September 19, 2015

Electric Mountain Reflections

Electric Mountain Range
Oil on canvas, 10x8
purchase here
Tri-County had Melanie Nolker in for a palette knife workshop - and it was super fun!  With bold color choices, I struck out with my palette knife and abandoned my normal palette.  She provided paints, orange primed canvas and a single knife from which to complete this painting.  The underpainting is scraped on very lightly with colors to create an energy with the top layer of thick paint - so not what you want the top color to look like.  Over the top of this, a thick layer is spread on as if icing a cake.  Then, I punched up the colors, allowing the painting to have it's own bold voice! SO FUN and a little crazy! This is Day 19 of the 30 Day painting challenge and my 992nd painting in 992 days.
underpainting

No comments:

Post a Comment