Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Ruby in Carmel

Ruby in Carmel
Oil on masonite, 8x10
Carmel on Canvas
After finishing the first painting of the woods, I went downtown for a snack break.  Planning to paint on the corner of Main at Bazbeaux's, I composed the painting in my head - already visualizing what it would look like.  As I walked back to get my gear and set up - this most adorable boxer puppy grabbed my attention.  Oh my gosh - he was adorable!  When her "mama" asked if I'd like to paint him - I jumped at the chance!  Still quite young at 9 weeks, she was a wonderful model and such a little sweetheart!  Such a joy to paint! There is a bit of a glare on the upper part of this painting - so I'll try to get one in better light later.  The light really reflects off of the darks when they are wet!  Day 22 of the 30 day painting challenge and my 995th painting in 995 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment