Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sitting About Town

Sitting About Town
Oil on masonite, 11x14
purchase here
Carmel on Canvas finishes their event with an hour and a half quick paint.  I have only been to two different hour an a half quick paints - and both were in Indiana........I wonder if this is just the custom in this state?  When I started for Carmel in the morning, I thought to myself, "I'm going to choose something easy and fun for this quick paint - no complicated buildings!"  I first set my easel up at the large fountain in the pavillion, but the street kept calling me....specifically this figure on the bench on Main Street!  Who cares of there is only an hour and a half?  Who cares that I am again set up in full sun with that full sun on my panel?  When a scene calls, I must answer!  This was fun, despite the complicated scene, and I feel like I really learned some things about painting cityscapes.  I am trying to detail less, and let the painterly strokes flow - which can be a tall order when it comes to buildings!  This painting makes 996 in 996 days and is Day 23 of the 30 day painting challenge.  I must do MORE of these fabulous street scenes!  By the way, this figure is a statue - there are several "townspeople" set up all over the Carmel Arts District!

No comments:

Post a Comment