Friday, November 27, 2015

Father Christmas 2015

Father Christmas
Acrylic on masonite, 7x5
purchase here

Today finds me painting, while Mike is out shopping with Michaela on Black Friday!  As my closest friends know, I do not like shopping - and Mike is the King of Christmas Shopping in our family.  So, after a full day of cooking, cleaning and family fun on Thanksgiving, I now have the gift of a quiet house with all chores finished.  It is the absolute best time to paint!  I love all things vintage and antique, and that love is permeating my painting this morning.  This year, I want to paint several different Santas to use in my Christmas cards, so this another for my series.  The layers of paint build up to a wonderfully nostalgic rendering on this icy day.  I am reveling in this new acrylic technique I’ve learned!  Painting number 1060 in 1060 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment