Sunday, November 15, 2015

Impressions of Kayla

Impressions of Kayla
Acrylic on masonite, 6x6
purchase here
It is funny how some days my strokes are very loose, and others - very tight!  I had to really make an effort to relax with my brush today.  This little darling is my cousin's daughter, and I am working from a photo I took a couple of years ago during a Christmas dinner.  I have started with the same 10 minute color study, and then just progressed from there.  I worked longer on getting the face planes right before starting much on the features - and it made it easier to get accurate placement of shapes.  Another thing different about working in this particular method - there is no use of mediums, not even water. Just straight heavy body acrylic paint and dry brushes, right up until I'm ready to wash the brush - then I can stick it in the water.  It truly does make for better results.  Painting number 1048 in 1048 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment