Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Little Dreamer

Little Dreamer
Acrylic on masonite, 6x6
sold
Oh - today has been SO full!  So many chores to be done, so little time - and all the while, I am "painting in my mind"!  After getting preparations under way for the Thanksgiving feast to come, I arrive late to my easel - once again!  Working from a friend's photo, I start brushing in the colors with short, quick, overlapping strokes.  Beginning with the darks, I mark them all before putting in the flesh.  I like the negatively paint around the head first, I don't really know why but it allows me so much freedom.  Freedom to move the edges, adjust parts up down or sideways, and always working towards a likeness.  It is amazing to watch the painting develop from it's humble beginnings, seemingly with a life of it's own.  This painting makes 1057 in 1057 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment