Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Michael - value study

Michael
Acrylic on masonite, 6x6
sold
Tonight finds me painting the baby of the family - Michael!  This child has been a joy for his entire life. He is such a peacemaker, so loving and there is not a cross bone in his body.  It has been my pleasure to parent him these last 16 years.  I've been truly blessed when it comes to children, every one is a shiny star and as good as they come!  I am working him up in black and white, value study style.  One reason for this is that the light in my photo is not very good, so the true colors are hard to read and very diluted. So, rather than struggle for colors I could not see - I painted in black and white, where I could strengthen those values for powerful portrait. I am loving this portrait month and wondering why I didn't do it sooner!  Painting number 1051 in 1051 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment