Sunday, November 29, 2015

Reindeer Kiss

Reindeer Kiss
Acrylic on masonite, 7x5
purchase here

This has been such a fun weekend with Michaela home, with all of the family gatherings  keeping me busy!  Finding a bit of time while everyone else was busy, I was able to come to my easel and paint another painting for my Christmas cards.  I’m really into the Santa portraits this week, so today I have added a reindeer to the mix!  I really like the way the image just emerges as I add acrylic strokes, one on top of the other.  I started with just an idea of what I want, and as I work, the painting finds it’s form!  So much fun - and SO different than planning everything out!  Who knows where this newfound freedom in painting will take me?  This painting makes number 1062 in 1062 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment