Saturday, November 21, 2015

Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams
Acrylic on masonite, 5x5
purchase here

Another late hour at the easel - and it even looked like I might not get it in at all! Painting the grand-daughter of a friend, she is all peace and tranquility as she rests.  These sweet, dreaming faces are a joy to paint!  I have enjoyed concentrating on portraiture this month.  There is nothing like focusing on one subject to get me to hone in on all the specifics.  So fleeting can be the subtle color changes of the planes, sometimes seeing is the most difficult part.  But once that special sight has been achieved, it makes me wonder how I ever missed it.  It is so like the difference between warm and cool colors, and temperature changes make all the difference in a portrait.  Those subtle qualities give life to an otherwise two dimensional painting.   This painting makes 1054 in 1054 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment