Friday, December 25, 2015

On Santa's Lap

On Santa's Lap
Acrylic on masonite, 6x8
purchase here

Merry Christmas!!  After starting the ham and getting the turkey in the oven, I found some time to get in this painting of little Alan (from 2010!) on Santa’s lap.  I love the expressions and gestures, the simple capture of a magical moment.  It made perfect subject matter for a painting!  I’m still using a limited palette, but I have added ivory black to the hues when getting into the shadows.  The transparent nature of this black makes it a better option than the opaque mars black.  I’m running out of panels again, so I had to prime over the rich pumpkin orange with white before beginning the acrylic block in.  I have grown quite used to that in the last couple months.  Crazy for a girl who has never liked starting with a white surface!   Painting number 1088 in 1088 days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment