Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Winter Magic

Winter Magic
Oil on masonite, 22x28
purchase here

Today, I have been working on commissions, and nearly have two of them completed.  Once I lost the natural light, I switched to finishing a large winter landscape - 22x28 inches.  Bringing this one nearly to completion a week ago, I then hung it on the wall to see if anything called out to me.  Indeed it did!  I had finished at night, and the full light of day showed that I needed more working time!  My colors were too cool throughout, needing the balance of warm middle and foreground hues.  So, I have made those adjustments tonight, and we’ll just see what the painting tells me tomorrow!  I will probably need to take a daylight photo of this painting as well - the colors are not reading true.  It feels a little awkward to switch from acrylics to oils - especially after a month of using acrylics!  The trick is to be sure I pull out the right brushes for the right medium every time! This painting makes number 1064 in 1064 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment