Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Whispering Water

Whispering Water
Oil on masonite, 18x24
purchase here
I have painted this secluded creek one other time in the early spring, when trees and brush were just sprouting forth their buds.  I love this location, it is so peaceful - and a hike from the road.  Just painting it again takes me right back to the spot. On this occasion, I am painting large from small color studies, adjusting as I go.  I don't remember if I've done this  before. I normally just paint the size I want from the beginning, but this one is the 9x12 kept calling out to me.....larger......larger.  Over the last few days, I have worked on this.  I really had the bulk of it finished the first day, but then let it rest until morning.  Well, that morning was Monday - and there is next to no wiggle room for me on a Monday, so I could only cast my eyes in it's direction....making mental notes.  Late this afternoon, while I still had natural light, I began to push the paint a little here and there.  It is night again, so I am letting it rest once again.  I believe I am finished, but will look again tomorrow with fresh eyes in the natural light.  This painting makes 1107 in 1107 days, and Day 14 in the current 30 Day Painting Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment