Friday, February 19, 2016

Clouds Over the Road

Clouds Over the Road
Oil on gallery wrapped canvas, 4x4
Another warm, beautiful day!!  I was driving Michael to his guitar lesson recently, when this glorious scene spread out before us!  We are on high ground when we cross over the highway, and so often a glorious sky requires my immediate attention!  This sky scene is one of four I painted late one evening, when I was completely in the zone!  I simply MUST take advantage of such times!  I did tweak the road a bit after I thought I was finished, pushing in a slight curve for a better composition.   Artistic license is a wonderful thing! I was in such a hurry today, that I did not even stop to prime my canvas before painting!  That is what happens when I can't keep ahead of myself!  Painting number 1144 in 1144 days.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty...whenever my daughter takes photos of clouds for instagram she gets so many hits from all over... this is why!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at skies, and this is no exception. Great work!

    ReplyDelete