Saturday, February 6, 2016

Clouds Over the Water

Clouds Over Water
Oil on canvas, 4x4
sold
Thank you to everyone who attended my Artist Reception today at GOT Art Gallery!  What a fabulous turnout - and those strawberries were delicious in the chocolate fountain!  Thanks to Teresa for all of the hard work! This show runs until February 23rd, if you haven't made it out yet. Since I was too busy to finish my large landscape at the gallery, I am posting this tiny cloudscape, painted from reference photos I took while at Moonlight Bay in Door County, Wisconsin.  The clouds streaming across the sky were a vision, and what could be better than capturing them over the water of Lake Michigan?  It makes the perfect complement to a gorgeous sky.  This is rather loosely painted in purposeful strokes with brush and palette knife.  This painting makes 1131 in 1131 days.

1 comment: