Thursday, February 11, 2016

Crashing Wave

Crashing Wave
Oil on masonite, 6x6
Tonight was a the "After Hours" event at GOT Art Gallery for the members of the Lee's Summit Chamber of commerce.  It was a packed house - and the food and punch were wonderful!  So, once again, I come late to my easel to return to the study of sunrise color in sky and water.  I have seldom painted the waves, and have never painted them crashing - so this is a day of pushing paint with brush and palette knife to create that movement.  I really like the way the knife skims over the tops, leaving thick paint in it’s wake.  I would like to order those mini blades (Catalyst, by Princeton), and try them out on the clouds and waves.  Maybe, I'll even go crazy and get really thick with that paint! Painting number 1136 in 1136 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment