Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Marceline

Marceline
Acrylic on masonite, 6x6

This little darling in another of my daughter’s cats - and she as a beauty!  So curious and active - she loves to climb inside of computer bags, purses and totes!  I chose her for my subject at today’s “paint in” for the Tri-County Art League.  These events are so fun!  Not only is it an opportunity for painting with other artists, it is great to catch up and visit, even sharing our latest tools and techniques as we work!  I am using my limited acrylic palette today, and am painting on gessoed masonite.  When I start a cat like this one, I start by blocking in the background first, until the shape emerges.  By working in this fashion, it makes it very easy to see where adjustments need to be made.  I then start blocking in all color masses, finishing with the face - which is almost the opposite of how I use to approach this painting!  It is amazing how much our techniques change as we progress!  Painting number 1141 in 1141 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment