Friday, February 12, 2016

Moody Skies

Moody Skies
Oil on masonite, 6x6

As I went about my busy day, this painting was floating around in my head!  The cold front was moving in, bringing with it such beautiful, dark clouds!  Seeing such beauty, and being unable to get right to it with my paints, stirs something up in my soul - like an urgency that simply must be met!  When I finally made it to my easel, I had already planned out the masses in my head.  It is like I had already painted it in my mind, and all the brush had to do was follow what was in my memory.  I’ve read how menial tasks and mindless chores really are supposed to heighten later artistic expression.......perhaps there is some truth to it?  Who knows, but I was in such a hurry, I didn’t even prime my panel as I normally do!  Painting number 1137 in 1137 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment