Thursday, March 24, 2016

Coffee & Red Umbrellas

Coffee & Red Umbrellas
Acrylic on masonite, 6x6

Today, I feel like I have turned a corner on the small street scene paintings.  After struggling with these compositions, this one came together more naturally.  For one thing, I squinted way down to see the masses, and blocked them in by chunks.  I had been blocking in each person as they entered the composition, and this was not at all fluid.  I also used my palette knife (Princeton catalyst) to add some interesting texture.  I have not picked up a real palette knife since I first used a catalyst.  They have completely taken over the knife work for me.  I hope the next cafe scene flows even more smoothly!  This painting makes 1177 in 1177 days :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous so rich with culture and colour!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete