Monday, March 7, 2016

Fishing

Fishing
Acrylic on masonite, 5x7

I first studied for this small painting by doing a pen and ink sketch.  Next, I did a quick color block in.  Finally, I come in and mark all the tiny bits of warm and cool, turning the planes and giving them life.  What I find when I pull the two together to post, is that I really like the freshness of the color block in better!  I sometimes do this!  When I paint without thought, just quickly blocking in the masses, I often return to this and think - wow, I wish I would have been true to that color!  So, I am leaving this for now, but when I get a bit of time, I am going to pop back in some of that wonderful blue on the shorts, and the fresh green in the grass.  Then, I will call it done.  Painting number 1160 in 1160 days.
color block in

No comments:

Post a Comment