Thursday, March 3, 2016

On the Perch

On the Perch
Pen & Ink on paper, 5x6

Today is Mike’s birthday, and after dinner and cake, I finally get to my easel.  I am working in pen and ink tonight, and the change from bold, vivid oils to pen and paper is a drastic one.  It is a bit of a struggle to go from such loose, free brushwork to the very linear work here.  I have slipped a bit in keeping up with my sketch journal, but I am determined to catch up.    I really need to get faster to be able to squeeze one more thing into my daily routine!  I will be doing figure painting this month, and I sat down to my journal to sketch out some figures......but the pen went where it would, and I have ended up with a couple of sweet cat drawings - in preparation for paintings to come.  This pen and ink piece is number 1156 in 1156 days.  Perhaps I’ll get to those figures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment