Wednesday, April 27, 2016

From the Vineyard

From the Vineyard
Oil on panel, 14x11
Sugar Creek Vineyard

What a crazy painting day!  I got out to Sugar Creek Winery early, before the clouds rolled in.  I was able to get most of my painting finished before the light changed drastically.  As I started to hear rumbles in the distance, I put on the final touches, and packed up.  More rumbles of thunder, I framed my painting on the ground by the car.  Turned in my painting, and people are checking radar on their phones, but plenty of artists still in the field.  I sit down, have a little snack, and decide not to paint another, as the sky is turning very dark.  As judging is about to begin, everyone is asked to grab their paintings and head for shelter - just in the nick of time!  Driving rain, hail and hard winds blew tables and chairs all over the hill, not to mention all the downed trees in the area!  Wine and snacks are served, and judging resumes inside.  Just another plein air adventure!!  This is painting number 1211 in 1211 days.
on location

No comments:

Post a Comment