Sunday, May 1, 2016

Sunrise in the Vineyard


Sunrise in the vineyard
Oil on panel, 12x8
Arriving before sunrise, I was drawn tot he slope of this hill.  The vines trailing back into the distance were set off beautifully by the long shadows of first light.  This golden light lasted just over the first hour, and then clouds slowly crowded the sky, changing the light completely.  The Fox 2 news team out of St. Louis stopped by, while doing a segment on the Augusta Plein Air Art Festival.  They were so close - the camera man getting only inches from my face, palette and painting!  He even bumped my arm on a brushstroke - leaving his own mark on my painting!  Pics were taken with the anchorman, and I gave him my catalyst to hold up to my painting - and encouraged him to use it.  This is the second time I’ve been involved in a live broadcast in Augusta - and it is always a fun experience!  Painting number 1215 in 1215 days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment