Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Blue Hydrangea

Another long day spent working in the flower beds - until I was chased inside by some invisible little biters in the evening!   Time to take up my brushes and paint!   So, the blue hydrangea is today's focus.  I love these blooms and add a different variety each year.  They do remind me of Door County - where I've seen the largest blooms ever!  I used mainly a brush for this small painting, finishing it off with my catalyst - which I found in my brush holder for my french easel!   So glad it's not lost!   When I took the photo of the painting on the easel, it struck me that this whole scene would make a lovely painting!   Perhaps, I'll tackle it tomorrow!   Painting number 1260 in 1260 days.
Blue Hydrangea
Oil on panel, 7x5
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment