Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Impressions of Nolan

I spent some time cooing over Nolan last night, and today he is on my mind.  His big, blue eyes seem to grow larger every day!  His cheeks and thighs are filling out - and are so squeezable now, I can hardly resist them!  Working from photos I took yesterday, I am using my acrylics and short, impressionistic strokes on this one. Using a dry brush technique, I only go to the water to wash my brush.  No thinning of the heavy body paints, and no mediums.  I am using a Zorn limited palette, and keeping the paint fresh on my small stay wet palette.  I've not used the acrylics for a while, so I am getting reacquainted with my old friend tonight, and of course it is taking a little longer than it should.  It is all about the process, after all.  Am I finished?  I'm not sure, but I'm letting this one rest for now.  Painting number 1315 in 1315 days.
Impressions of Nolan
Acrylic on masonite, 6x6
sold

No comments:

Post a Comment