Friday, September 16, 2016

Vineyard on the Farm

Vineyard on the Farm
Oil on panel, 14x11
sold
What an amazing place to spend the day painting!  After receiving an ATV tour of the upper vineyard, I knew I had to paint this scene!  The view was breathtaking.  It had been raining most of the day, but there was a brief break in the weather - and I hiked right up to the top of this hill!  As I started to paint, I heard thunder in the distance.  With my hilltop view, I could see just how far away that rain was, so I kept painting.  I worked fast to get the whole foreground in, right past the house and barn, knowing that if I had to run for cover, I could paint this lower background from the house.  The thunder got closer and the sky darkened.  A few wayward drops started falling, and I quickly packed my gear.  With this set up, I can get out of my spot in two minutes - and I headed for the house.  By the time I got there, big drops were falling, and a heavy rain soon followed.  The Schultz family was so gracious to allow me to paint from the attic window - which allowed me to paint in all of the background, that I had only marked the color for while up on the hill.  I really loved working on this painting, and it was awarded Honorable Mention tonight at Swinging in the Vines!  What an honor!  Painting number 1352 in 1352 days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment