Monday, October 24, 2016

Sunset over the Creek

I find myself checking the sunrise and sunset times each day on my phone.  I have started concentrating on sunrises and sunsets lately, and have begun work in this series.  The blues of the sky begin very violet above my head, and warm to a turquoise as they near the horizon.  Clouds take on a variety of shades as they approach the light - and every sky is different!  From blue violet to Naples yellow pale, the clouds turn colors in minutes.  I never know when the peak color will be, until it starts to fade!  Some days, the peak comes early, and on others it intensifies right until it is gone!  I blend with my softer brushes, and even my finger at the end - for the best results.  I can't wait to see how a little focused study affects my work!   Painting number 1385 in 1385 days.
Sunset over the Creek
oil on panel, 6x6
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment