Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Buttons Jester

This adorable nutcracker has a European flair, with the almost mime like features.  The red ball nose and the rosy red cheeks certainly have a clown like feel to them!  I love the serious expression to the face, and the applied red buttons to the front of the coat!  The little legs are so shapely - which is not the norm of stick straight legs on most nutcrackers!  The colors work so well together here - it has been one of my favorites to paint!  This painting makes 1448 in 1448 days. 

2 comments:

  1. 1449 in 1449? Wow!!!!!!!! No wonder your work is so beautiful, so polished! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammie I really like this jester nutcracker. He seems unusual compared to most that I see. Wonderful painting. My I ask what size these paintings are? How on earth do you manage to paint one per day? Nice work!

    ReplyDelete