Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Frosted Fog at the Barn

Frost enveloped the landscape this morning - and I could not resist it!  The fog was still heavy and luminous - so I started painting!  As a result, I was a little late to Zumba!  There is more frost expected in the morning, so I will get up extra early to be ready for it!  I love the challenge of this frosty scene with it's close values and minimal color.  I don't think I've ever painted in the frost before.  The very best thing about trying to paint en plein air everyday is the wide range of color and value in the landscape, especially in the quiet of winter.  I find I am enjoying it immensely!  Painting number 1469 in 1469 days :)
Oil on panel, 7x5
purchase here

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Tammie...I love the barn!!!
    I am a big fan and painter of old barns :)
    This lovely winter scene gives me chills~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love painting barns, too! I'm always on the lookout for them in the countryside! This was happens to be right out in the pasture :)

      Delete
  2. This is super Tammie. It is hard to get an interesting piece when the world is almost monochrome - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It isn't often I wake to a winter wonderland! :)

      Delete