Thursday, January 26, 2017

Running through the Cornfield

Today, I met with the Art Mob at Scheels in Overland Park, for plein air of a different kind!   I was surprised to find SO much to paint!   The animals were wonderfully posed for great compositions - and they stood still for me to paint them!  How often does that happen in the field?  This was my first drawing of the day, and I chose it due to the very lifelike setting.  I relished the opportunity to catch these deer running, and the cornfield was a bonus!  I am really enjoying my new watercolor perfection sets - I  bounced between three of them for today's paintings!  I also tried a new koi water brushpen today, medium tip.  I used it exclusively, and liked the flow.  It may take a little more pressure to get the water out than the 3 pack I got at Hobby Lobby, but it certainly worked well.   Painting number 1478 in 1478 days.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tammie, the animals were most obliging for you. A lovely subject and the composition is lively and so interesting. Beautiful colours and lines. Happy PPF :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done! Love the deer in the corn stalks......great colour.

    ReplyDelete