Friday, February 17, 2017

Creekside Moment

Oh my, what a gorgeous day!   How can I resist painting en plein air on such a glorious afternoon?  After my morning classes at the gym, I always take a run to "cool down" and quiet my mind.  It has been so nice this week, that I've been running the track outside.  Today, I took a little detour on the paved walking trail across the street.  Wow!  What a fabulous, winding creek awaited me just off the beaten path!   And to think, I've been across the street almost every day for 3 years, and never knew this beauty existed right here in the middle of town!   I've lived in the country so long that I've forgotten the noises of town life.  My music today was the laughter of children as they played at the park, cars, motorcycles, and the sounds of the fire station across the street.  I will definitely be returning to this place for more paintings.  I've only scratched the surface with this one, my 1500th painting in 1500 days!!  WOWZA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment