Thursday, February 2, 2017

February Sunset

I could tell an hour before sunset that it was going to be a lovely one.  We had a late lunch out with family, went by for some baby time with Nolan, and headed home in the golden hour.  The clouds were lining up beautifully, and how I longed for my paints in transit!  Taking care of a couple things upon arriving home, I almost started too late!  The color in the sky changed drastically between my start and finish time - how hard it is to not chase the light on a sunset!  I committed at a certain point, and I stayed true to that color to the end.  For speed painting with this small box, I really need one larger workhorse brush!  I have loaded it with the short brushes that would fit, but I think I'm going to have to saw the ends off of a few of my favorite ones, and my favorite catalyst as well!  I really want to put some time into these sunset studies before plein air season begins again!  Painting number 1485 in 1485 days  :)

2 comments:

  1. I love this style of art and this is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tammie, it's always a lovely feeling being in that soft last light and you've captured it so beautifully in your painting :D)

    ReplyDelete