Saturday, February 25, 2017

Lisbon in Ink

I have started a sketch journal just for some of the fabulous places I find.  I've bought so many sketch books through the years that I have quite a supply.  Now that I find the khadi paper is what I love best, I can only use these others for theme work.  The new paper is unequaled, and it has absolutely ruined me for all other sketchbooks!  For this drawing, I look for one of the most abstract origins of patrons on my blog, and choose to paint something amazing from that location.  Today, that place I'd Portugal, and this is in Lisbon.  Such awesome architecture!   How I wish there was some architecture of this magnitude near me!  I  also love that there are so many people in this scene!  I have rendered them quickly, with gestural lines.  I plan to do an upcoming challenge of 100 people in one week!  Yikes!  This was good practice indeed!   Drawing number 1508 in 1508 days :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow this is stunning. You just amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool, we were there on a cruise and I can really see the likeness!

    ReplyDelete