Monday, February 6, 2017

Old Barn on 58 Hwy

When considering what I should paint today, I look to the color in the landscape for direction.  This drizzly, overcast day was the perfect backdrop for the weathered reds of this historic barn.  Once a cluster of grand houses and outbuildings, this lonely barn is now surrounded by "progress".  It is now used for hay storage, and is guarded by a beautiful calico cat - who has been here for years.  The old Ford truck is parked under the open side, as if it just pulled in from chores.  I  wish I could have painted the buildings now fading from memory.  They added beauty to the landscape that the box stores never could.  Painting number 1489 in 1489 days.

12 comments:

  1. I always love your old barns. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Tammie, I think these old barns look so interesting and I imagine they have such tales to tell. The colours and tones are so clever. You are very talented.
    Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful..especially the roof. Wow the texture is amazing. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous rendition of the old barn and truck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful old barn and I love the way you painted the sky and tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous piece of work. Seems beautifully classic!!
    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete