Monday, March 20, 2017

First Day of Spring

On this first day of spring,  the temperature soared to 87 as I arrived at a friend's house for a little plein air after painting class!   Her land is wooded with many oaks,  and there was little shade to be had.  It was surprising to stand in the woods, in full sun!  After checking the lake,  we decided to venture to the creek.  The bend of the creek was perfect - and the high banks,  a bonus!  Looking towards the west was fine at 4:00,  but I was painting into the sun by the time I finished.  Even with my wide brimmed hat,  my eyes were burning as I packed it up.  It was so peaceful down by the water,  and pretty cushy with her husband playing "cabana boy" and delivering cold drinks as we worked!  If only every day could be so sweet..... Painting number 1531 in 1531 days.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad it is spring. Maybe we can get some days that are not filled with rain and darkness. LOL This is a lovely place. Nice that you have a friend there so you can paint. Lovely as always.

    ReplyDelete