Saturday, March 11, 2017

Historic Presbyterian Church

I had to deliver my son's wallet to him at robotics, just when the snow was really coming down.  This was the perfect opportunity to paint snow!   Grabbing my easel from the trunk - I started painting this historic church on Main Street in the car!   The flakes were so large and heavy, I couldn't keep them off panel or palette!  I have to admit,  it was pretty cushy sitting on my heated seat,  drinking my hot chocolate Chai tea, with my pocket easel in my lap......a girl could get used to this!   As fast as I work,  I still could see the light blanket of snow melting before my eyes!   The street went wet, reflecting the colors of the church,  before it lost it's sheen entirely.   In one short hour,  most of the snow was already a memory. Thank goodness I was here for this exact hour, to capture this illusive beauty!   So glad my son forgot his wallet!  Painting number 1522 In 1522 days :)

3 comments:

  1. So Peaceful and lovely! Another Beauty!!


    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so gifted ~ beautiful church painting ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Week ahead ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I like the subtle changes you made.

    ReplyDelete