Monday, March 6, 2017

Opening at the Buttonwood

This week starts a challenge to paint 100 people in one week!  So,  I will concentrate on paintings with lots of people in them,  as well as doing some extra figure drawing!   What better way to improve those figure skills than this?  I'm not even close to the hundred yet,  and the thing is - they are already getting easier.  I'm getting their proportions faster,  the gesture of movement easier,  and it feels like the mechanics are just slipping into place.  Why didn't I do this earlier?  Well,  art is a journey,  and this is just a road I haven't taken before,  like so many others that lie before me.  I can't wait to see what this year will bring!  Painting number 1517 in 1517 days....I think.....!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh this is a good challenge. Well not for me LOL I love that you have these people in your painting. Well done.

    ReplyDelete