Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Plaza Shoppers

This week's challenge of 100 people in one week has me trying all sorts of things.  First,  I drew a bunch in ink.  Next,  I painted 9 in a gallery interior. This scene has 20 figures in it,  and yesterday's painting was really just a sketch in watercolor with no drawing.  In this one,  I've first drawn then in ink and then painted them in with watercolor.  The hard part is getting them drawn before they exit the area, so I'm learning to really look at them before making the first mark. They are getting easier with each one drawn.  I still want to try some different techniques,  negative painting and some loose oil figures.  It is very hard to resist the blooming trees that have suddenly exploded all over town,  just to work on this challenge!  If only there were plenty of people flocking to the beautiful blooms!  Drawing number 1519 in 1519 days.

3 comments:

  1. Lovin your newest challenge too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great challenge. Love how you captured the movement of folks too. Makes this sketch team with life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost missed this one. Love the people.

    ReplyDelete