Thursday, March 30, 2017

Spring on Main Street

This dark and rainy day is the perfect backdrop for spring flowering trees!  I had circled past a few places that I'm keeping my eye on for peak color,  but this scene drew me in twice before I submitted to it's call!  I have a crazy mix of paint in my tin,  because I scraped it from another palette (waste not,  want not)!  The background buildings along Main are a law office,  Belton Glass, and Whistle Stop Antiques, and I'm painting them from the Bank of Belton parking lot.  I love the way those pinks vibrate against the green paint of the Whistle Stop - and those wet roads are definitely a bonus,  where color reflects loosely.  My paint is getting a little tacky (I keep forgetting to put it immediately in the freezer,  in fact it's in my box right now) and I must get this loaded with Gamblin solvent free gel!  This gel is amazing and will bring the flow right back.  The safflower oil I use to clean my brushes just is not a good thinning option.  I'm a green painter,  no turps or solvents,  so I really need this morning "go to" medium in a pinch.  Time to pack it up,  more rain is coming!  Painting number 1542 in 1542 days.

17 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I like the painting better than the real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful art, I do love the blossoming trees at this time of year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful painting, ND i always love to see the original place as background for your photo. Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent artwork ~ so beautiful and such talent ~ thanks,

    Wishing you a Happy Weekend ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. breathtaking painting of that beautiful pink tree. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I love this beautiful painting in my favorite colors. It's time of blossoms...
    Happy PPF xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful, Tammie. Love the flowering tree and its reflection in the wet pavement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You captured the color so well. Lovely image and I love the brushstrokes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented and this is such a beautiful homage to Spring! Gorgeous work!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely spring painting. I look forward to seeing flowering trees.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely Tammie - that splash of colour is delightful :D)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! Love it! Love it! My kind of painting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The spring colours are delightful. I also admire the movement in your strokes. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful painting, love the reflection of the pink trees in the water. Blessings, Janet

    ReplyDelete