Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Flowering Crabs in the Rain

As I drove past these beauties on my way home from the gym,  they called to me.  Answering their siren song with paint,  I started quickly.  I had to dodge rain with this one,  as the clouds brimmed over sporadically.  I had to finish this one in my car!  As a result of that,  my reds vary from the ones I see outside of my car.  I had not yet started the tree color when the rain forced me in.  My windows have a bit of a blue tint, and the difference is easily seen when compared with the outdoor photo.  Crazy,  right?  I didn't even realize it until I got out to take a quick photo before heading home!  I still like the results,  but I'll be back to capture their true color on another painting!  Each painting is a lesson,  after all.   Painting number 1547 in 1547 days :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tammie this is amazing. I love how you created the reflections.

    ReplyDelete