Thursday, June 8, 2017

Pike's Peak

What a beautiful morning for painting in the mountains.  Up early to do some ink and watercolor, I then had a chance to set up my easel and get out my oils.  I wish I had reloaded my palette, and am hoping I can get through the week in what I have. The wildflowers are popping along this ridge, and the colors are so different from Missouri. The greens are cool and dry, in fact all hues are cooler. The light is also different, less humidity to thicken up the atmosphere. It is so fun to explore the differences in paint. It may take me a week to get used to it!  Painting number 1611 in 1611 days. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Tammie, I can see those wildflowers popping up in your delightful painting. The mountain range is magnificent. The way you describe your outdoors really makes me wish I were there! Cheers :D)

    ReplyDelete