Saturday, July 29, 2017

Sister Bay Reflections

Arriving early for the quick paint in Sister Bay, I had no idea what my painting location would be.  The vintage cottages called you me, as did the rhythmic lake, but the reflections of the boats reeled me in.  My intended painting surface was awol, so I decided on a smaller size. An artist friend of mine let me buy a frame to match it, as the stars aligned!  I started with an ink sketch, moving to the paint. Once again, standing in full sun, I talked and visited as I worked, the colors unfolding before me.  I really enjoyed this scene even though my boats kept pulling out!  I had to lay that color in fast when I realized they were on the move!  Just another quick paint adventure!  Painting number 1663 in 1663 days. 
oil on panel, 12x9
purchase here

No comments:

Post a Comment