Friday, August 25, 2017

Edward Jones Lee's Summit

What a fun evening it was at the Summit Art Plein Air event in old town Lee's Summit tonight! Deciding to mix things up a little, I took my water soluble oils (that I have only begun to play with)!  Am I crazy?  Well, yes!  I thought it would be exiting to jump into something new for a timed event!  I learn so fast when I make a mess and then get myself out of it!  Laying in a loose wash, and painting like I was "inking" was fun!  Plenty of loose strokes here - and those water mixable oils have a wonderful sheen to them!  Looking forward to more of these - and mixing the oil with water!  Painting number 1689 in 1689 days.
oil on panel, 12x9
sold

1 comment:

  1. I like this Tammie. I would like to see if you could apply this in regular oil! Lots of walnut oil drips?

    ReplyDelete