Sunday, August 27, 2017

Gucker Coal Co Inked

This was the very first spot I landed in the sweet town of Marceline!  All the lines created such an arresting composition I had to capture it in ink!  With an eye to safety, I backed up across the street - even though the perfect view was in the very middle of the street.  As I start drawing, my surroundings often fade away as I settle into the zone, so it is good to be in a safe spot. I may or may not hear that approaching car, train or bear! This drawing seemed to fall off the end of my fountain pen.  I am using an improvised clipboard for this 8x6 piece of paper.  I had plexiglass cut just for this, adding a couple of clips for the paper.  I love that it is clear and there is nothing blocking my view between paper and scene.  Painting number 1691 in 1691 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment